Live from the ladybug tent...its another Christmas present that's made the cold winter days a little more fun inside. It even has a detachable tunnel. Of course it takes up the majority of floor space in our living room, so it doesn't stay up for extended periods of time, but it does make its way out for a day or two every week or so. Something about being in the tent makes playing with all of your regular toys more fun.

I snapped this picture pretty recently. She finally has enough hair for some decent pigtails, AND she sits still long enough to let me play with her hair AND she doesn't pull out my hard work five minutes after I'm finished. I think she's finally gotten tired of her hair falling in her face. Although I swear her hair isn't getting any longer, its just getting wider. Curls out the wazoo.

More fun with toys from Daddy's gym bag. Speaking of Daddy and the gym, he's scheduled for three triathlons this spring and summer, including an Olympic-distance one in June. I am so thrilled that he's switched to training in the mornings also. He hates getting up at 5:15, but I'm so glad he's home all evening with us. And Carson's pretty happy about it too...









The New Year's hat and horn still make several appearances each week. I keep hoping that little cardboard horn will wear out, but I've not been so lucky yet. Poor Abby dog - she's the one who's really unnerved by it.
We made Rice Krispie Treats with Carson for the first time the other night. Nothing like having one warm out of the pan!

And...we did make it to the park for one of the really warm days last week. Its so nice when she can play without a heavy jacket. I am so ready for spring - although I wouldn't mind one more good snowstorm.


And what else is our little lady up to? All kinds of big girl things. She's very much into imaginative play - dress up, princess, baby dolls, etc. Its so much fun to see her get all dressed up, pack her baby bag and purse and cruise around with her baby and stroller. She talks and talks and talks. She's a negotiator. She'll ask for goldfish crackers twenty minutes before lunch and after I say no, she responds, "just a few, Mommy, just a few". At least she's not whining! Don't get me wrong, she does her share of that too.

We made Rice Krispie Treats with Carson for the first time the other night. Nothing like having one warm out of the pan!

And...we did make it to the park for one of the really warm days last week. Its so nice when she can play without a heavy jacket. I am so ready for spring - although I wouldn't mind one more good snowstorm.


And what else is our little lady up to? All kinds of big girl things. She's very much into imaginative play - dress up, princess, baby dolls, etc. Its so much fun to see her get all dressed up, pack her baby bag and purse and cruise around with her baby and stroller. She talks and talks and talks. She's a negotiator. She'll ask for goldfish crackers twenty minutes before lunch and after I say no, she responds, "just a few, Mommy, just a few". At least she's not whining! Don't get me wrong, she does her share of that too.
She's been out of the crib for quite a while (since August) and that went amazingly well. We've got to get her out of her toddler bed and into a regular bed soon - she's about to outgrow it. She's been doing the whole potty training thing for a while too, and she's about 90% there. She and I have taken a little Mommy and me dance class this fall too and she's loved it. I think we might try swimming next.
She's growing so fast and its so fun to be a part of it all.
Carson's also going to have a new title later this summer - big sister.
Yes, you read it correctly. I guess we might even have to change the name of our little blog to Four Story House!
And now this tired momma-to-be is signing off and heading to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment