First things first - Our good friend and family stylist, Meg, gave Carson her first haircut a while back. We marked the occasion with lots of pictures and an envelope of curls for the scrapbook.
Fast forward to Christmas. Carson gets a pair of kid scissors in her stocking (Santa was trying to improve those fine motor skills I guess). About three days into the new year, Carson gave herself a haircut...
I left the room to put the clothes in the dryer, and when I came back she handed me that clump of hair. She was smiling from ear to ear. I guess she thought that I would be happy about it. I tried so hard not to freak out, but I really went straight for her head trying to see where she had cut it from. Apparently, her hair had fallen in her face and instead of brushing it to the side, she reached up and cut it off. She now has a lovely rooster comb smack dab in the middle of her head. It was really hard to notice at first, but now that its growing out, its starting to really stick out in all sorts of crazy ways. Thank goodness her hair is so curly to begin with. And thank goodness for the Donald Trump/sorority girl combover style. She's been rocking that quite frequently lately.
We had a long talk about what can and shouldn't be cut with scissors. And yes, they were put away.





No comments:
Post a Comment